Friday, January 11, 2008

Girlfriend Time

I had so much fun this past weekend with my girlfriends in Tyler and Canton. There were six women in our group (all from our small group Bible study). We drove from McKinney to a beautiful condo on lake Palestine. We spent Friday night there, then went to First Monday in Canton on Saturday, then back to Tyler for Saturday night, and finally home on Sunday. We had a blast just visiting. It's amazing how much we can talk when given the chance. Having no husbands nor children around to distract us gave us ample opportunity to gab. I think I went to sleep around 3:45 a.m. on Friday night and 1:30 a.m. on Saturday night...or should I say Sat. & Sun. mornings? Either way, it was very late, but well worth the sleep deprivation to have such great talks with my friends. I am so blessed with such loving Christian sisters. I talked so much that my throat was completely hoarse by Monday. My only regret is that I forgot to bring my camera. Oh well, I'll just have to be sure and take it next time. I can't wait to go again!

2 comments:

Meriann said...

I enjoyed reading about your activities. Look forward to scrapbooking soon.

Marie Hoke said...

Hi Amye, I saw you across the Church building on Sunday and didn't have the chance to say hi. I hope you are doing Great!!