Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Mara's 2nd Birthday


Happy Birthday, Mara!
I can't believe that my baby is already two years old! She is growing up so fast. We had a very fun family birthday celebration weekend at the lake house. Mara was so excited about her party...turns out she's quite the party princess. She had a blast opening her presents and eating cake.Mara really tore into her gifts, and made fast work of opening all of her birthday presents. I had a tough time keeping up with her as she quickly threw the tissue paper out of bags and ripped open the wrapped gifts.Mara was very excited about her new shoes. Grana and Papa gave her these sparkly red shoes to play in, and a pair of flashy light-up tennis shoes. She couldn't wait to put the new shoes on her feet.
Mara loved all of her new things. Here she is giving her new doll a ride in her new stroller. Notice she is also wearing some new bracelets that Nanny gave her as well as one of the new tennis shoes...She really wanted to wear the new shoes, but just couldn't wait for me to put the other one on before playing.Yum!Yum! Mara enjoys her birthday cake.

Biker babe, Mara, rides her new trike from Grandma and Grandpa in her bathing suit.


Mara and Daddy enjoy swimming in the lake.

What a fun birthday weekend!

3 comments:

Christy Z said...

Amye,

It's good to see you on here. I love this way of keeping up with my friends!
I would love for you to add me as a link. I just added you. I hope that's ok!
Glad Rex is having a good time at school. Parker loves it!
And I really can't believe Mara is 2. Time flies!
See you on Sunday. Christy

Carrie said...

Hi - I'm a friend of Christy's. What website did you find the Raggedy Ann costume? I used to play with those dolls!! YOu can reply on my blog if you want. Thanks

Marie Hoke said...

I can not believe that she is 2. She looks so adorable. I miss seeing you guys. Where have you been?